A course for food lovers, olive oil tasters, gourmets, food enthusiasts and professionals
23rd - 27th October 2017
Pienza Val d’Orcia - Siena - Italy
NEXT EDITION: Lake Garda, 9-13 April 2018
(Subscriptions will be opened in the next few days!)_______________________________ A wonderfully exciting olive oil & Food experience for those who want a deeper knowledge of the production, commercial processes, tasting and innovative use in the kitchen and restaurants of olive oil “…from the earth to the table”.
This is a course that would suit food lovers, gourmets, food enthusiasts and professionals who want a deepen their knowledge of the whole production and commercial process of olive oil “from the earth to the plate”
Our goal is to offer a well balanced theory and practical course that will provide participants with the right skills and knowledge to be able to communicate the rational use of olive oil in the kitchen and on the table, in particular harmonization of olive oil and food pairing.
The olive oil sommelier is a professional that knows how to turn costs into profit opportunities in retail, restaurants and for consumers
At course completion, participants will have acquired skills and certification (Sensory Aptitude Certificate) entitling them to join the International Register of “Olive Oil Experts”.
These new olive oil professionals have the opportunity to be part of a professional olive oil evaluation panel or jurers in international olive oil competitions.
THE COURSE INCLUSIONS
- Classroom sessions, guided tastings with more than 50 olive oils of a various origins and practical exercises from Monday to Friday
- Didactical material
- The annual subscription at the Association IRVEA
- Five overnight stay - Check-in 22nd October and Check-out 27th October 2017
- Five breakfast buffet
- Five light lunches buffet
- “Food Culture & Pairing” masterclass with Artisan Cheese and Salumi
- Two didactic dinners in local restaurants
- Guided tour of two local wineries/olive grove/olive mill for a true culinary experience
- Guided tasting of olive oil, wine, local artisan salumi and cheese
- Olive Oil Sommelier Diploma
- Sensory Aptitude Certificate
- I.D. Olive Oil EXPERT / Sommelier Card 2018
- Professional Olive Oil Sommelier Pin
- A selection the official olive oil standard defects (I.O.O.C. - EU)
Course will be held in the Conference Room of the Hotel Residence San Gregorio in the wonderful landscape of Val d’Orcia
Via della Madonnina, 4, 53026 Pienza (SI)
Ph. +39 0578 748059 - 0578 490064 - 800917019 Fax + 39 0578 748354
Relish your stay in the Hotel Residence San Gregorio, built on the ruins of an opera house of the 1930s, in perfect harmony with the elegance, grace and charm of the ideal Renaissance city.
Enjoy the enduring beauty of the surrounding scenery from the delightful garden and the outdoor pool, a heavenly retreat within the Hotel.
This very same landscape has inspired many artists over the past centuries!
Combine a stay in Val d’Orcia with the visits to local producer of typical products
Learn to taste olive oils coming worldwide for a learning holiday with a difference.
- Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced tasters
Minimum age 18 (although children are accepted accompanied by adults)
A course created and organized by the Olive Oil Academy