12° International Olive Oil Competition ARMONIA
Enrollments now open for the 12th edition of the International Olive Oil Competition ARMONIA, established in 2006 by IRVEA-Olive Oil Academy and ALMA- the International School of Italian Cuisine at the Palazzo Ducale in Colorno (PR).
The Armonia International Olive Oil Competition is still the first and only International Olive Oil Competition which involves producers, tasters, chefs, foodies and consumers in recognising and awarding prizes to the best international EVOOs and for their mindful use in food and oil pairing.
The competition is divided into
- ARMONIA OLIVE OIL COMPETITION – Trophy 2018 - Sensory competition, awarded to the three top-ranked oils in each flavour category: Delicate, Medium and Intense
- SPECIAL MENTION awarded to the five highest-ranked oils after the top three in each category
- ARMONIE IN THE KITCHEN - Special Recognition Award assigned to young chefs, food bloggers and cooking enthusiasts who have created the best dish/recipe with the ARMONIA Trophy 2018 winning oils
- ARMONIA PACKAGING - Special Recognition Award assigned to the product with the best graphic design and communicative impact
- ARMONIA PEOPLE CHOICE - Special Recognition Award assigned by a Judging Panel (NOT tasters) to competing oils.
All formal procedures, anonymous candidature of individual samples and operative procedures will be guaranteed by a notary until the prize-giving ceremony that will take place at Parma in May 2018, during CIBUS.
Preselections and final selections will be held at the Parma Chamber of Commerce with the participation of professional tasters and panel leaders coming from worldwide.
From this edition the Competition secretariat has a new office and the samples will have to be sent to
Olive Oil Competition Secretary "Armonia"
c / 0 CCEPP - Public associated services
Via Paradigna, 113
43122 Parma - Italy
Mr Andrea Zanlari, President of the Parma Chamber of Commerce presides over the Competition, that is directed by Mr Mauro Martelossi, President of IRVEA-Olive Oil Academy. Mr Wenceslao Moreda, from Instituto de la Grasa of Seville, collaborates in the realization of selections and technical tests.
Tel +39 0521 184 1531 - Fax +39 0521 148 0029
Mob.+39 347 4913 924 - +39 346 541 9847
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org web: www.oliveoilacademy.org